PASADENA, Calif. -- The fifth ranked Cal Lutheran men's tennis tallied a 9-0 win over Caltech on Monday afternoon.
It is the fifth straight match the Beavers have played a team ranked in the nation's top 20. Cal Lutheran improved their record to 16-6 overall and 4-0 in league matches.
The Kingsmen line-up featured three singles players ranked in the ITA's west region top 15. The SCIAC match-up was originally scheduled for mid-March but rain caused the delay.
Tennis Match Results
Cal Lutheran vs Caltech
4/16/2012 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
Cal Lutheran 9, #5 Caltech 0
1. Nicholas Ballou (CLU) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECH) 6-2, 6-3
2. Justin Wilson (CLU) def. Anish Agarwal (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-0
3. Ray Worley (CLU) def. Jeff Shen (CALTECH) 6-0, 6-0
4. Thomas Millet (CLU) def. Fred Zhao (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-0
5. Marcelo Sousa (CLU) def. Ryan Batterman (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-0
6. Cody Kowalczyk (CLU) def. Amol Kamat (CALTECH) 6-0, 6-0
1. Nicholas Ballou/Ray Worley (CLU) def. Devashish Joshi/Luka Mernik (CALTECH) 8-2
2. Justin Wilson/Cody Kowalczyk (CLU) def. Fred Zhao/Jeff Shen (CALTECH) 8-0
3. Thomas Millet/Marcelo Sousa (CLU) def. Alex Runkel/Anish Agarwal (CALTECH) 8-2
Cal Lutheran - National ranking #5; Regional ranking #1
Official: N/A T-2:37 A-18