GLENDALE, Calif. -- In their final match of the SCIAC regular season, Occidental posted a 9-0 win over Caltech in a men's tennis match-up.
Occidental got straight set wins in five of the six singles matches while holding down the Beavers during doubles play.
Luka Mernik pushed his opponent to a third-set at the No. 3 singles slot but dropped a tight super tiebreaker in the final set.
Caltech will host Hope International on Saturday morning at 10 a.m. in their final match of the regular season.
Tennis Match Results
Caltech vs Occidental College
4/20/2012 at Glendale
Occidental College 9, Caltech 0
1. Jordan Brown (OXY) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-1
2. Stephen Perkins (OXY) def. Anish Agarwal (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-1
3. Herrington-Gilmore (OXY) def. Luka Mernik (CALTECH) 6-3, 2-6, 11-9
4. David Cotton (OXY) def. Jeff Shen (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-1
5. Jeremy Kichoff (OXY) def. Alex Runkel (CALTECH) 6-4, 6-4
6. Ben DeLuca (OXY) def. Amol Kamat (CALTECH) 6-0, 6-0
1. Stephen Perkins/Jordan Brown (OXY) def. Devashish Joshi/Luka Mernik (CALTECH) 8-4
2. Herrington-Gilmore/David Cotton (OXY) def. Jeff Shen/Fred Zhao (CALTECH) 8-2
3. Jeremy Kichoff/Ben DeLuca (OXY) def. Alex Runkel/Anish Agarwal (CALTECH) 8-4
Caltech 0-13, 0-6