Kitto, Li Continue Winning Ways; ONU Gets Team Win
PASADENA, CA – The Caltech women's tennis team dropped a 6-3decision to Ohio Northern on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears started the match well as they won two of the three double matches to take a 2-1 edge heading into singles play. Ohio Northern dropped three games en route to winning at No. 2 and No. 3. The Beavers No. 1 double duo of Rebekah Kitto and Monica Li ran their record to 5-0 with an 8-6 win.
Kitto and Li remained undefeated in singles play. Kitto posted a straight sets win at the No. 2 singles position while Li dropped just one game en route to her 6-0, 6-1 win at the top singles spot.
Ohio Northern was able to clinch the match by posting straight set wins at the final four singles matches.
Caltech takes the next nine days off from the court before hosting UT-Tyler on March 12.
Tennis Match Results
Ohio Northern women vs Caltech
03/03/2013 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
Ohio Northern women 6, Caltech 3
1. Monica Li (CALTECH) def. Michelle Tuma (ONU) 6-0, 6-1
2. Rebekah Kitto (CALTECH) def. Kristin Cellentani (ONU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Christina Corbean (ONU) def. Stephane Kwan (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-2
4. Meghan Letizia (ONU) def. Michelle Lee (CALTECH) 6-2, 6-3
5. Brittany Miller (ONU) def. Jessica Yeung (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-4
6. Taryn Strombeck (ONU) def. Zeke Millikan (CALTECH) 6-0, 6-0
1. Monica Li/Rebekah Kitto (CALTECH) def. Rachael Miller/Michelle Tuma (ONU) 8-6
2. Kristin Cellentani/Brittany Miller (ONU) def. Valerie Pietrasz/Michelle Lee (CALTECH) 8-2
3. Carly Olmstead/Meghan Letizia (ONU) def. Stephane Kwan/Jessica Yeung (CALTECH) 8-1
Ohio Northern women 8-1; Regional ranking #14
Official: N/A T-3:43 A-19