PASADENA, Calif. -- Amherst, the nation's top ranked team, posted a 9-0 victory over Caltech in a men's tennis match-up on Monday afternoon.
In addition, it's the third straight year the Beavers played the defending national champions.
The Jeffs took control of the match by dropping just six games in sweeping the doubles matches.
Caltech put up a solid fight at the No. 1 and No. 2 singles position but it wasn't enough as Amherst won all six singles matches in straight set.
Tennis Match Results
Amherst vs Caltech
3/19/2012 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Court)
#1 Amherst 9, Caltech 0
1. Surain Asokaraj (AMHERST) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECH) 6-3, 6-1
2. Sam Sperling (AMHERST) def. Luka Mernik (CALTECH) 6-4, 6-2
3. Daniel Keolasy (AMHERST) def. Alex Runkel (CALTECH) 6-2, 6-0
4. Chris Morrison (AMHERST) def. Jeff Shen (CALTECH) 6-2, 6-3
5. Andrew Kurzweil (AMHERST) def. Fred Zhao (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-0
6. Karan Bains (AMHERST) def. Amol Kamat (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-1
1. Robby Sorrel/Chris Dale (AMHERST) def. Devashish Joshi/Luka Mernik (CALTECH) 8-1
2. Sam Sperling/Justin Hendrix (AMHERST) def. Alex Runkel/Anish Agarwal (CALTECH) 8-4
3. Surain Asokaraj/Daniel Keolasy (AMHERST) def. Amol Kamat/Fred Zhao (CALTECH) 8-1
Amherst 4-0; National ranking #1; Regional ranking #1
Official: N/A T-2:32 A-15