REDLANDS, Calif. -- The Caltech men's tennis team finished their campaign by dropping two matches at the SCIAC Championships on Friday.
In their opening match the second seeded Cal Lutheran Kingsmen posted a 8-0 decision over the Beavers. Cal Lutheran, who came into the match ranked in the nation's top 10, swept the doubles matches before claiming straight sets singles win in five matches to post the victory.
CLU 8, Caltech 0
1. #14 Nick Ballou (CLU) def. Devashish Joshi (CIT) 6-1, 6-2
2. Justin Wilson (CLU) def. Alex Runkel (CIT) 6-3, 6-1
3. Thomas Millet (CLU) def. Luka Mernik (CIT) 6-1, 6-3
4. Marcelo Sousa (CLU) vs. Jeff Shen (CIT) unfinished
5. Nic Jacobs (CLU) def. Fred Zhao (CIT) 6-0, 6-0
6. Clark Myers (CLU) def. John Chen (CIT) 6-2, 6-1
1. #2 Nick Ballou/Ray Worley (CLU) def. Luka Mernik/Devashish Joshi (CIT) 8-0
2. Connor Treacy/Justin Wilson (CLU) def. Alex Runkel/Jeff Shen (CIT) 8-0
3. Thomas Millet/Marcelo Sousa (CLU) def. Amol Kamat/Fred Zhao (CIT) 8-0
Occidental College 9, Caltech 0
The loss to the Kingsmen put Caltech into the consolation bracket where the lost to Occidental 9-0 in their final match.
1. Jeremy Shapiro (OXY) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-0
2. Jordan Brown (OXY) def. Alex Runkel (CALTECH) 6-2, 3-6, 10-6
3. Stephen Perkins (OXY) def. Luka Mernik (CALTECH) 6-2, 6-0
4. Herrington-Gilmore (OXY) def. Jeff Shen (CALTECH) 6-0, 6-1
5. Jamie Grossman (OXY) def. Amol Kamat (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-2
6. Ben DeLuca (OXY) def. Fred Zhao (CALTECH) 6-2, 6-0
1. Jordan Brown/Jeremy Shapiro (OXY) def. Devashish Joshi/Luka Mernik (CALTECH) 8-3
2. Kevin Siebs/Herrington-Gilmore (OXY) def. John Shen/Alex Runkel (CALTECH) 8-4
3. Stephen Perkins/Jamie Grossman (OXY) def. Fred Zhao/Amol Kamat (CALTECH) 8-0
The event was hosted by the University of Redlands.