INDIAN WELLS, CA -- Wrapping up a three-match, four-day stint in the desert resorts, the Beavers posted a 6-3 win over Hardin-Simmons (TX) on Monday afternoon.
The win lifted the Beavers above the .500 mark for the trip as well as their season record after seven matches.
Playing singles first, Caltech took care of business by winning four matches. Sathwick and Ruthwick Pathriddy won at the third and fourth singles spots. Luka Mernik and Morgan Lebby took care of business by posting straight set wins at the No. 5 and No. 6 positions respectively.
The Beavers clinched the match as Lebby and Rushikesh Joshi teamed up for an 8-0 win at the second doubles spot. For good measure the Pathriddy twins won in their eight-game pro-set 8-3.
The Beavers return to Pasadena for a Friday match against Rensselaer at 3:00 p.m.
Caltech 6, Hardin-Simmons 3
1. Erich Bein (HSC) def. Devashish Joshi (CALTECH) 6-1, 6-4
2. Michael McCullough (HSC) def. Rushikesh Joshi (CALTECH) 7-6, 6-2
3. Sathwick Pathireddy (CALTECH) def. Sam May (HSC) 7-6, retired
4. Ruthwick Pathireddy (CALTECH) def. Jordan Wilson (HSC) 6-4, 6-0
5. Luka Mernik (CALTECH) def. Andrew Eurek (HSC) 6-4, 6-2
6. Morgan Lebby (CALTECH) def. Dylan Price (HSC) 6-1, 6-2
1. Michael McCullough/Erich Bein (HSC) def. Devashish Joshi/Luka Mernik (CALTECH) 8-5
2. Ruthwick Pathireddy/Sathwick Pathireddy (CALTECH) def. Jordan Wilson/Andrew Eurek (HSC) 8-3
3. Rushikesh Joshi/Morgan Lebby (CALTECH) def. Justin Fry/Jordan Subia (HSC) 8-0