|Hometown:||Palos Verdes Estates, CA|
|High School:||Peninsula HS|
Shooting Guard for her high school team all four years...1st team All-Day league...1st team All-CIF Division 2A...Her team advanced to the CIF Quarterfinals for the 1st time in a decade while she was playing...Captain of her high school basketball team for two years...Valedictorian of her high school class
Undecided major...Plans on attending medical school after graduation...Played for the SGV Basketball Club...Lists her biggest influences as her parents and her high school coach...Daughter of Holly and George...Has two siblings named Michelle and Michael
Getting to Know ...
1. Something about you most people would be
surprised to discover? I’m a lefty, but I shoot with my right
hand. But then I play some other sports with my left hand, so
it’s all just really confusing sometimes.
2. Do you sing in the shower and if so what do you usually sing? No, for fear of shattering the shower glass.
3. What scary creatures did you think were in your bedroom as a child? I didn’t think there were any scary creatures in my bedroom, but I did believe there was such thing as a Bath Ghost that lived in the shower. I would always close the shower door really quickly after I got out so it wouldn’t escape.
4. What was the chore you hated doing and you loved doing as a child? I didn’t like taking out the trash because it was dirty and smelly; I liked folding laundry because it was clean and fresh.
5. Why do you love math and science? It’s logical and concrete. And it can be used to discover things that could impact lots of people’s lives.
6. "I knew I loved sports when... I was playing basketball instead of doing homework.
7. If you could choose, a past decade would you have liked to grow up in? 90’s. The decade of Crazy Bones, Tamagotchi, The Backstreet Boys, Gameboys, Pokemon, Skip Its, and good TV shows. Technology was there but didn’t percolate every aspect of our lives.
8. The most difficult thing in life is learning how to understand people.
9. What family member do you take after most? I take after my mom because we are both more book smart than we are street smart. We also inhale our food.
10. What social event did you not want to go to, but you went and it turned out to be a lot of fun? I went to my mom’s college reunion this summer and I met all of her classmates’ kids and we had lots of fun hanging out together. We went to watch The Campaign, which was hilarious.
11. What people would you want to be stuck in a life boat with? People who are smart and resourceful, so we have a better chance of surviving. And definitely not a tiger like in Life of Pi even though that turned out okay.
12. What is the most outrageous thing you would do for $1,000? Maybe eat something gross.
13. What is the most self-less thing you have ever done for someone? I don’t think I have really done anything truly selfless, but I try my best to do good things for others and be a loyal friend and family member.
14. What would you like to learn about your family history? Maybe what kind of people my ancestors were, and what they lived by and lived for.
15. What is the one family value you believe in the most? Hold yourself to a high standard.
16. What do you admire most about your parents? That they work so hard and care so much about the family. Everything they do is for my siblings and me so that we can have a good life.
17. What trait does your sibling have that you wish you had? I wish I had my sister’s resilience because it makes her a great person to depend on, and I’d like to be like that too.
18. What is the thing your teammates will love about you? I always go hard during practice and want to do whatever I can to help the team be the best it can be.
19. How would you describe your game on the court? Good shooter, and relatively athletic.
20. Define “Excellence” in your own words. Excellence is setting a goal, having the focus and discipline to achieve it, and achieving it.