THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- The Caltech women's tennis team began SCIAC play with an 8-1 loss to Cal Lutheran on Saturday afternoon. The home squad won four of the five singles match in straight set en route to the team victory.
The Beavers team point came from Rebekah Kitto's straight sets win at the No. 1 singles spot. The sophomore remains undefeated in singles plays after four matches.
Jessica Yeung nearly pulled out a three-set win for Caltech at the sixth singles postion. After dropping the first set, she rebound to forced a third-set 10-point super tiebreak. However Lauren Toohey did just enough for the 10-6 win in the final set.
Tennis Match Results
Caltech vs Cal Lutheran
Feb 18, 2012 at Thousand Oaks, CA
(Poulson Tennis Center)
Cal Lutheran 8, Caltech 1
1. Rebekah Kitto (CIT) def. Kim Kolibas (CLU) 6-1, 6-3
2. Holly Beaman (CLU) def. Jessica Yu (CIT) 6-2, 6-1
3. Lindsay Murphy (CLU) def. Stephanie Kwan (CIT) 6-0, 6-2
4. Jordan Leckness (CLU) def. Wubing Ye (CIT) 6-0, 6-1
5. Sarah Baker (CLU) def. Michelle Lee (CIT) 7-5, 6-3
6. Lauren Toohey (CLU) def. Jessica Yeung (CIT) 6-3, 3-6, 1-0 (10-6)
1. Kim Kolibas/Holly Beaman (CLU) def. Rebekah Kitto/Jessica Yu (CIT) 8-4
2. Jordan Leckness/Lindsay Murphy (CLU) def. Stephanie Kwan/Wubing Ye (CIT) 8-6
3. Lauren Toohey/Sarah Baker (CLU) def. Jessica Yeung/Michelle Lee (CIT) 8-2
Caltech 2-2, 0-1 SCIAC
Cal Lutheran 4-1, 1-0 SCIAC