PASADENA, Calif.--A three set win in #6 singles proved the difference as the La Verne women's tennis team captured the necessary five points to beat Caltech 5-4 in a SCIAC match.
Victories at #1, #2, and #3 from Kitto, Wubing Ye, and Stephanie Kwan gave Caltech a 4-3 lead in the match. However, La Verne was able to capture three set victories at #4 and #6 singles to prevent the Beavers from winning their first conference match since 2007.
Rebekah Kitto, who is ranked 12th in the west region, continued her fine play by moving to 9-1 on the season and Stephanie Kwan gained her fifth singles victory of the season.
Tennis Match Results
La Verne vs Caltech
Apr 14, 2012 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
La Verne 5, Caltech 4
1. Rebekah Kitto (CIT-W) def. Laina Matsuda (ULV) 6-0, 6-1
2. Wubing Ye (CIT-W) def. Tarika Krishnamurthy (ULV) 7-5, 6-1
3. Stephanie Kwan (CIT-W) def. Brooke Hines (ULV) 6-4, 6-1
4. Carly Tucker (ULV) def. Jessica Yu (CIT-W) 6-1, 1-6, 6-2
5. Allison Moncrief (ULV) def. Jessica Yeung (CIT-W) 6-1, 6-2
6. Valerie Lezin (ULV) def. Michelle Tang (CIT-W) 6-7, 6-2, 6-4
1. Laina Matsuda/Allison Moncrief (ULV) def. Stephanie Kwan/Wubing Ye (CIT-W) 8-2
2. Rebekah Kitto/Jessica Yu (CIT-W) def. Carly Tucker/Brooke Hines (ULV) 8-5
3. Tarika Krishnamurthy/Justine Ledesma (ULV) def. Jessica Yeung/Zeke Millikan (CIT-W) 8-4