PASADENA, CA -- The Caltech women's tennis team won their second straight match to open the season as they topped Biola 7-2 on Saturday afternoon.
The Beavers took the No. 1 and No. 3 doubles matches by dropping just two games as they headed into singles play up 2-1.
Caltech clinched the team match by posting straight set wins in four of the six matches. Rebekah Kitto started the trend by dropping just one game in winning at the No. 2 singles position. Zeke Millikan posted a 6-0, 6-1 victory at the No. 6 singles slot.
Monica Li pulled out a tight match at the top singles match. The first-year won the first set 7-5 but dropped a tiebreaker in the second set. Li won the super tiebreaker in the third set 12-10.
Tennis Match Results
Biola vs Caltech
02/23/2013 at Pasadena, CA
(Braun Tennis Courts)
Caltech 7, Biola 2
1. Monica Li (CALTECH) def. Kathryn Ashford (BIOLA) 7-5, 6-7 (6-8), 12-10
2. Rebekah Kitto (CALTECH) def. Alisha Hansen (BIOLA) 6-0, 6-1
3. Stephane Kwan (CALTECH) def. Olivia Koelsch (BIOLA) 6-2, 6-0
4. Susan Carmichael (BIOLA) def. Michelle Lee (CALTECH) 6-2, 3-6, 10-5
5. Michelle Tang (CALTECH) def. Lauren Vogel (BIOLA) 6-2, 6-2
6. Zeke Millikan (CALTECH) def. Patricia Ling (BIOLA) 6-0, 6-1
1. Rebekah Kitto/Monica Li (CALTECH) def. Olivia Koelsch/Alisha Hansen (BIOLA) 8-2
2. Kathryn Ashford/Susan Carmichael (BIOLA) def. Michelle Lee/Valerie Pietrasz (CALTECH) 9-7
3. Stephane Kwan/Jessica Yeung (CALTECH) def. Lauren Vogel/Paige Erickson (BIOLA) 8-0
Official: N/A T-3:09 A-23