|High School:||West Windsor-Plainsboro North|
2x Academic All-America Second Team (2014-15, 2015-16)
2x Academic All-District (2014-15, 2015-16)
USTFCCCA All-West Region - Cross Country (2015)
Outstanding Athlete of the Year, Individual Sport – Male (2014-15)
All-West Region - Cross Country (2014)
First Team All-SCIAC - Cross Country (2015)
First Team All-SCIAC – Track & Field (2015)
Second Team All-SCIAC – Cross Country (2014)
USTFCCCA All-Academic (2014)
Outstanding Running Events – T&F (2013-14)
Most Outstanding – Cross Country (2012, 2013)
Newcomer of the Year – T&F (2012-13)
Academic All-SCIAC (Fall 2013, Spring 2014, Fall 2014, Spring 2015, 2015-16)
- 4th at SCIAC Championships (26:02.5)
- 13th at NCAA West Regional (26:12.16)
- 21st at Pomona-Pitzer Invite (26:04.28)
- 56th at Mustang Challenge (26:45.11)
- 191st at NCAA Championships (26:00)
Set program records in cross country 8-kilometer run (25:34.7) at NCAA Championships in Mason, Ohio.
Led team in every cross country race.
- 139th at NCAA Championships (25:34.7)
- 12th at NCAA West Regional (25:55.7)
- 19th at SCIAC Championships (26:56.89)
- 3rd SCIAC Multi-Duals (25:38.18)
- 21st Pomona-Pitzer Invitational (26:06.8)
- 19th UC Riverside Invitational (26:47.0)
Track & Field
Set program record in outdoor (14:46.66) and indoor (14:48.94) track & field 5,000-meter runs…Ranks third on 3,000-meter run all-time list (8:43.28)…Ranks fifth on 1,500-meter run all-time list (3:59.41).
Won the SCIAC individual title in the 5,000-meter run (5:00.02)…Won 5,000m at indoor Tufts Invitational (14:48.94)…Won 5,000m at SCIAC Multi-Dual #2 (15:13.51)
- 5,000m:14:46.66, Beach Invitational
- 3,000m: 8:43.28, Pomona-Pitzer All-Comers Meet
- 1,500m:3:59.41, Occidental Distance/Sprints
- 800m: 2:01.95, Triton Invitational
Led the team in all five cross country races he ran.
- 35th at SCIAC Championships (27:44.8)
- 28th at SCIAC Multi-Duals (27:14.66)
- 41st at Pomona-Pitzer Invitational (26:45.10)
- 37th at UC Riverside (27:07.4)
- 10th at Redlands Invitational-6k (19:54.9)
Track & Field
- 800m: 2:00.94, Pomona-Pitzer T&F Invite
- 1000m: 2:40.43, Pomona-Pitzer All-Comers Meet
- 1500m: 4:00.61, SCIAC Championships
- 3000m: 8:55.25, Pomona-Pitzer All-Comers Meet
- 5000m: 15:44.50, Pomona-Pitzer T&F Invite
Led the team in four of five races.
- 39th at SCIAC Championships (27:31.4)
- 80th at SCIAC Multi-Duals (27:40.2)
- 33rd at Pomona-Pitzer Invitational (27:46.0), 2nd on team
- 22nd at UC Riverside Invitational (27:13.1)
- 27th at Redlands Invitational-6k (20:15.10)
Track & Field
- 800m: 2:03.63, SCIAC Multi-Dual #1
- 1500m: 4:06.61, Pomona-Pitzer T&F Invite
- 5000m: 16:07.69, Pomona-Pitzer T&F Invite
Played one game.
Research and STEM activities
Spent the summer of his junior year as an investment banking strats analyst at Goldman Sachs...Was a software engineering intern at Google his sophomore summer...Completed a SURF project with professor Niles Pierce the summer after his freshman year...Studied phylogenetic inference of protein energetics.
Prior to Caltech
Member of the cross country and track and field teams in high school...Set a personal 5k record of 17:00...Was a member of the 4xmile team that set the school record...Personal record of 4:31 for full mile...A Siemens competitional regional semifinalist.
Born in Vellore, India...Son of Sharathkumar Bhagavathi and Anjali Sharathkumar...Has one younger brother, Amol.