|High School:||Monta Vista|
- 3rd on team at SCIAC Championships (27:56.00)
- 3rd on team at NCAA West Regionals (28:23.00)
- t-3rd on team at Redlands Invite (19:39)
- 3rd on team at Biola Invitational (26:42.58)
- 4th on team at SCIAC Multi-Duals (28:05.92)
- 4th on team at Pomona-Pitzer Invitational (27:35.67)
- 55th at SCIAC Championships (28:10.8)
- 14th at Redlands Invite 6k (19:46)
- 92nd at Pomona-Pitzer Invite (27:38.82)
- 3rd on team at Mustang Challenge (27:56.34)
SCIAC All-Academic Team (2015-16)
Research and STEM activities
Identified outlier objects in large sky survey datasets via a semisupervised machine learning approach as part of SURF with Dr. Ashish Mahabal the summer after his freshman year...Conducted two years of research in Astrophysics at UC Santa Cruz...Awarded an Intel STS semifinalist prize for identifying a solution to the cosmological cusp-core problem through radiative feedback with Prof. Joel Primack junior year of high school...Created a novel algorithm to rapidly calculate the f(NH1) distribution function for simulated galaxies his sophomore year.
Prior to Caltech
Three-time MVP of both his cross country and track & field teams...two-time team captain of both squads...Qualified individually for the CIF state championships...Twice named All-League...Earned Honorable Mention All-CCS honors...Garnered eight Varsity letters...Member of the National Honor Society...A National AP and Merit Scholar...Recognized by the California Scholarship Federation.
Born in Summit, N.J....Son of Abhijit and Neelike...Has a twin sister, Rhea...Plays piano.